Sick of working late nights? Are you organised, articulate, and love hospitality, but need a better work-life balance? Here at Sydney Cakery, we’ve got what you are looking for. Plus, we offer a friendly and fun working environment and growth opportunities for superstars committed to making the move forward towards their future.
About the Company
Sydney Cakery is a family owned and run cake shop that specialises in great cakes, pies, pastry and coffee and we need cool people. We are specifically looking for talented, amazing (and sweet) people to make Sydney Cakery one of Sydney’s great finds. In particular, we look for people who put customer service first and believe in quality. Each role will play an important part in our success!
Barista / All Rounder – 35+ hours
This a great opportunity for an experienced and inspired barista who wants to make their mark in an intimate environment where smiles on customer’s faces are the only goals.
The role will involve:
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and speciality beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment
- Cleaning service and seating areas
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers
- Servicing customers and taking orders
- Preparing food items for customers
- Receiving and processing customer payments
- Front of house support when required
- About 5-6 days per week including Saturday (availability on Sat. morning is a must)
- Early mornings required
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-years of Barista experience in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service skills and knowledge
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Must have positive attitude, good work ethic, be a team player and have good communication skills
- Have Australian work rights (valid for at least 12 months).
- Must love making people happy with coffee and cake!
This is a Casual position with the opportunity for part-time or full-time employment available to the right candidate
If this role sounds like you, apply now!
(send your CV — Only successful applicants will be contacted with feedback).
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia? Or do you have any visa restrictions?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- List of previous experiences in a similar role.
- When are you available to start?
- What days are you available to work?
- What is your expected hourly rate?
- You must be prepared to provide professional references
Interviews will include an opportunity to show your skills at making coffee, so please come prepared! Keen?
Simply email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]